Strongback plans and other stuff

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Strongback plans and other stuff
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:06:23 EDT
We've decided to send everyone who isn't past the strongback construction
stage a new strongback plan.  You should get this new plan in the mail within a
week in the US and within two weeks in other countries.

The new plan has a note and a date on the top.  Throw away any and all
previous strongback plans.

I appreciate the help that from those who noticed the mistakes on this plan.
Your continued observations during the construction process will help improve
the manual for those who build Swift Solos in the future.  It is important to
the future of the class that this entire experience be top notch.  I have
very thick skin and am grateful for any help I can get in improving this
process.

I'm completing serious testing on new mainsail designs (jib and spinnakers
are done) and we should be able to write the rule soon (I'll post some
pictures).

Those attempting to order launcher throats from Vanguard should not worry
about the shortage.  We have tooling being completed on an improved version and
will have them completed before you will need them.  Vanguard does have the
other parts you need in stock.

The mandrel for the improved carbon masts in being completed as we speak.  I
will be testing a couple of versions of the new mast before the season ends
and will let you know what we will be using on the "production boats".  You
will
have a couple of options for mast suppliers and plenty of data to help you
make an informed decision.

Bram

PS  We are now up to 35 boats in five countries!!