Adjunct To Nicks's Book - Gang Cutting Strips

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Adjunct To Nicks's Book - Gang Cutting Strips
From: "Gregory Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:30:11 -0400
I found an interesting web site with loads of what seems practical advice for
stripping and cutting/milling strips, and for glassing hulls.
http://www.michneboat.com/
John Michne's is not a professional canoe/kayak builder but his builders corner
page has excerpts and whole chapters reproduced from his book Strip Building
the Virginia - Reproductions of an Adirondack Classic, written by Mike Olivette
and John Michne. Actually I was more interested in the section on Gang cutting
the strips but thought that there was good information in the sections on
backrouting the bead and cove and defect/crack filling and air bubble removal
during glassing. I would recommend this web site for a look before you get
dusty as an adjunct to Nick Schade's  book.
Greg
Swift Solo USA009 - Rose