Re: Beam Measurement in rules

To: drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Beam Measurement in rules
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:08:53 EST
Rob,

I had some time and I took a look at Sta 10.  It should be 74" at the widest
point.  And yes the beam will be about 2" wider than that.  Without actually
looking at the lines, I suspect that while Sta 10 is the widest station, the
widest point may be just forward or aft of that on the gunwale.  By the time
you
extend the gunwale down below the tip of the station the proper amount, the
boat becomes the correct width (less 1/4" for builder error).  This all happens
automatically when you bend the gunwale strips according to the instructions.

Good to hear that you are moving right along.  Keep that sawdust flying.