construction note

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: construction note
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:21:34 EST
There is a contradiction in the construction manual that each of you should
note regarding toe rails.  On page 44 the manual tells you to cut the strips
64" long.  That is correct.  On page 45 the manual tells you to cut them off at
55" overall.  That is the length I used on the first boat but decided to make
them a bit longer on the second one.  My preference is that the final length
should be 62 inches so that they go from about 1/2" aft of station 8 to station
13.  This is not a class controlled length but rather a preference.  I
recommend that you make them 62" long.