We have our first fully certified builder

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: We have our first fully certified builder
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:52:14 EST
Swift Solo subscribers,

I just returned from VMG Skiffs in Michigan where I went to look over their
completed Swift Solo for final certification.

As I had reported before, their shop is something to envy--with climate and
dust control that is hard to find anywhere else. What a pleasure it was to find
that the quality standards set by this company has exceeded my best effort by
a significant amount.  Their boat is a work of art with the highest level of
attention to detail (you can find pictures on the âBuy Oneâ page of our
swiftsolo.org website by late this afternoon).  With the support of John and
Lynn,
Pat and Anita have demonstrated the ability to produce Swift Solos that exceed
the quality of any skiff on the market by a good deal.  In addition to the
quality of the parts, this boat is extremely fair both above and below the
waterline.

I'm pleased to put my name behind this company as a supplier of Swift Solos.
To those who have been waiting to order a boat, I would recommend getting
with the program.  They have assured me that they'll hold the price on orders
received by April 1st 2004 but that we should expect an increase after that.
When you see the boat it becomes apparent why.  My order will be placed with
them
shortly since I need another boat to demonstrate and match race against and
will be sailing the VMG skiff while letting local skiff sailors sail my current
boat for sail and blade testing.

This is another major milestone for the Swift Solo Class as we can now
support sailors who do not want to build their own.  In addition, VMG will be
producing rigged masts and booms, centerboards and rudders / rudders boxes,
station
templates and boat parts for those who want to build their own the easy way.
You'll need to contact them for pricing on these items.

Thanks John and Lynn, Pat and Anita for your hospitality and for you superb
work.