New improved deck plan and Higgins Lake news

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New improved deck plan and Higgins Lake news
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:56:03 EDT

I've just completed a new improved deck plan that incorporates changes listed
on the mailing list over the past year or so.  In addition, It has colored
pictures of the fittings as they are installed next to measured locations on
the
deck.  It is in larger scale than the one included with your plans.  It also
shows the jib tack downhaul system that is a recent addition to the boat and
makes sailing much easier (you can change luff and leech tension from either
side of the boat--the old 49er way required unhooking the clew and putting the
hook in a different hole--easier when you have a crew to yell at).

Now comes the extortion part of the deal.  This new, improved, brilliant,
work of art is available for free to everyone when they send us a picture of
their deck under construction and a short paragraph for the website.  Because
these have to be printed individually on a large color printer (they're
24"X50")
they are time consuming as was the rework of the plan.  They have been sent to
Greg and To Pat at VMG for final comments and adjustment and will be ready to
mail in a few days.

Those who have already sent us pictures of their deck and a paragraph about
the process need only send us a reminder that they've done so and I'll ship
this off next week.

The Higgins Lake regatta will be held September 15th through the 20th unless
someone provides GOOD reasons why not very soon.  We're going to work on the
logistics next week.  A few of us will get to the Lake on the14th to get
organized.  The 15th, 16th and 17th will be used to measure boats (by
appointment
only) and to put on a "how to" clinic to work with every level of experience
from beginner up.  The 18th, 19th and 20th will be the regatta.  Remember,
anyone
who gets too serious during this regatta will need to do a 720.  Also, if you
didn't alter the station templates and if you followed the plan you have
nothing to worry about regarding measurement certification.  Also, all Swift
Solos
will be allowed to race in this regatta--measured or not.

One last thing.  Does anyone know where we can find a list of country sail
designations on the Internet (GBR, USA, CAN).  I find that I'm guessing now--I
mean I told Tunku Nazim (our new Malaysian builder) MAL 057? Is that correct?
What about Antarctica?

That reminds me.  The Swift Solo invasion is getting dangerously close to the
equator.  You Aussies and Kiwis might just as well come on board now.
Winter's coming and you can build your boats and have a fleet up and running by
next
summer!!

Regards,