Re: resin and hardner

To: Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: resin and hardner
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:02:36 EDT
Mark,

Good to hear from you.

The 42 oz can of 207 is for one gallon of 105 epoxy just as you thought.  I
always use the 206 hardener for laminating and the 207 for coating.  The 207
works just as well but is more expensive.  You likely have a lot of 206
hardener
left over.  I would recommend that you purchase some more 207 and use it only
for top coating the deck.

The point on the "tack free" issue come into play especially when you apply
the first top coat with a plastic squeegee.  It is important that the epoxy has
gone off enough that it is not being moved around.  My real point is not to
let it go overnight but rather to apply subsequent coats in about 4 hour
intervals.

The cradle is a bit dependent on the dolly that you choose, however, placing
the cross member at station 6 and 10 should work for most.  I think you'll
find the process fairly straight forward once you start.  Do follow that manual
instructions and you should be OK.  If you have problems, let me know and I'll
answer any questions you have.

I believe that we're going to use a stick on decal inside of the starboard
inspection port with a small patch of glass over it.  I'll review that in the
class rules and get back to you.

Use indoor outdoor carpet for the cradle.  If you have a Lowe's Hardware they
have some green carpet that looks a bit like short grass and is polypropylene
(I think).  I really like the stuff but I wouldn't leave it in the sun
without a boat on it for extended periods (like a year).

Good to see you coming along.  Let me know if I've failed to cover anything
well enough to make it clear.