for those who are about to launch or have launched their Swifts

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: for those who are about to launch or have launched their Swifts
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:36:41 EDT
Just a couple of notes to keep you on the right track.

I've found a new source of great knee and shin guards to wear under your
wetsuit or drysuit (do not go Swift sailing without knee and shin  protection).

The company is _www.sixsixone.com_ (http://www.sixsixone.com)   and their
product  seems superior to the knee/shin protectors that I've been using for
the
past six  years.  Their "veggie" knee and shin guard Velcro together to make
one unit  and you need to buy both.  They are neoprene and really stay in
place
well (don't know how many baby neoprenes gave up their lives to make  these).

As a reminder to those who may not know, do not leave your rig tension on
when your boat is not is use.  Keep a cover on your boat when it is  not is use
as well.

Geez it's exciting to see boats beginning to hit the water.  I'm sure  some
of you will be in agony when your boat gets finished just in time for  freeze
up.  The midwinters in Florida will cure that pain and win a few  points with
your long neglected wife as well.