re. control block/responses

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: re. control block/responses
From: Nocalsolo@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:21:39 EDT
Thanks Christian,

Ken, the blocks don't have a very large angle. Check out the attached
picture. Each wood block carries two Ronstan blocks to re-direct various ropes
outwards to the cleats. Basically their function is to re- direct ropes coming
from
the centre of the boat to meet the cleats on top of the wings.
Roger

Thanks Roger,
A detailed picture says a thousand words
I angled the block 23 degrees from ninety an upside down cut on my sander
which would equal 67 degrees from baseline. I stand corrected.

Thanks for clearing up this mystery
and also which blocks go on it with their function.

regards
Ken
and thanks to all

JPEG image