forgotton promises, masthead cranes, and boat covers

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: forgotton promises, masthead cranes, and boat covers
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:47:15 EST
Just a note to our builders and subscribers.

Someone called me last week and asked for a pattern that  they'd heard about
for making the installation of fittings on the bottom of the  mast simple.  I
promised I'd send one off and promptly lost the note and  didn't think about
it until yesterday morning.  Please send me an email to  jar my feeble memory.

Everyone who communicates with me should know that I'm passionate about the
Swift Solo and always intend to answer questions and to make sure that you
have what you need.  On the other hand, I sometimes get focused and  forget
everything else so -- if I've promised you anything and not come through,
please
let me know.  I will appreciate the reminder.

We received 15 masthead cranes last week from Julian.  These came  without
the sheave and without the holes drilled for the sheave or spinnaker  block.
We
haven't received the bill for shipping yet but expect  that we can sell and
ship them anywhere in the US for about $17.  I'll  drill the holes to eliminate
confusion.

Also, anyone who has bought a mast from Forte should let me know and  we'll
ship you a template for the lower section that will save you many hours of
work (it even has pictures of the fittings and exact location  markers).  You
use
double stick tape to hold this in place on the  lower section and just start
drilling the holes (make sure it is  straight).  Along with this, we'll send
you the pattern for the new  improved vang lever and a pattern to make the vang
arm mandrel (out of  wood).  This stuff is a service of the class and is
free, but please wait  till you own a mast blank before asking for it (it will
ensure that when you do  get a mast you'll have the latest and greatest
version).

We're working on getting boat covers made.  We'll need to order these  10 at
a time and I'll have pricing within 30 days.  There have been some  requests
for bottom covers for trailering.  I have no experience traveling  with bottom
covers and the cover maker has suggested that they sometimes cause  more
problems than they solve (this is the guy who would be selling them to  me).
Those
with experience traveling with bottom covers--please give me  your opinion.