Downhaul and forestay fitting.

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Downhaul and forestay fitting.
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:42:21 -0500
Great improvement on the jib downhaul Bram! The shackle on the small block
means that you don't have to un-rig much to take the jib off. Much better than
putting it through the luff tape ring as I was thinking.

For those that want to take advantage of this smart downhaul setup NYCSkiffs
has a new batch of forestay fittings available in time for those finishing the
deck before March. They incorporate NYC skiffs anodized red corrosion resistant
6061 alloy virtual blocks for your blue (1/4 inch) lightning rope downhauls.

We also have Bram's new downhaul pivot block hole pattern pre-drilled in the
mast step track before anodization  to provide a more corrosion resistant part
to complete the smart downhaul kit.

NYC Skiffs Construction Tip:  Remember when building your mast step that the
carbon in the tennon's sides should be covered with at least one layer of glass
to help keep the mast step corrosion free. Carbon, seawater and aluminum make
great batteries.

A final note, to help you all achieve your building goals we have a batch of
foam cores for tapered Swift Solo spreaders, tapered tillers, fast shaped cores
for lower drag centerboards and rudders all in production now, to be ready
before the crunch time. However orders will be filled in the rank order that
they are received. If you don't want to be on the bottom of the list when the
demand is high and want to help me (please) keep costs low by planning my bulk
material requirements (and my Christmas holidays) get your foam core requests
in early even ASAP. I would hate for you to miss out on the fun in Florida.
March is not so far away when you factor in holidays.

Happy building holidays :-)
Greg Ryan
Swift Solo --Rose.