Re: Wing end?

To: rowr@xxxxxxxxx, lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Wing end?
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 21:06:13 EDT
Dave,
The Wing Step Inward Deck intersection point is 67 3/4" from station  zero.
The Gunwale  Wing Step intersect point is at 66".  These  are the measurements
from the deck layout plans with the photos.  The  Forward Wing End at the
Inward Wing Top does not have a measurement associated  with it on the plans,
but
you can eyeball the angle of the slope of the forward  face of the step to
meet your preference.  I used extra transom  material as it was already glassed
and was easy to cut to the triangle shape  needed to fill the opening.  I cut
the mating edges on a 45 degree angle to  maximize the bonding surfaces for
the adhesive.

Attached are some photos of the deck on the forms with the angle cut for  the
forward edge of the step and a later photo with the completed deck hardware
mounted so that you can see the relationship between the traveler bar and the
step forward end.  I hope this helps.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040

JPEG image