Re: Fillers?

To: "Robert Harper" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'Rob DesMarais, D.C.'" <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fillers?
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:10:46 -0400
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Robert is right, this is the artistic part of building a beautiful boat. I also found some great filler at Home Depot. Comes in small pots about 1 1/2 inch diam from Minwax. Its called Wood Putty and comes in several colors and because of the small pot size is fairly cheap. I bought a wide variety of colors from white to ebony with wallnut, cherry and natural pine very usefull for me. The colors can be mixed to get very close to the color you are after. I use a painters pallet from the kids painting set to arange and mix the colors to match the wood color for holes patch. This stuff is water based, dries quickly but doesnt ever go really hard, but under the Fglass its just the ticket. Practice on a bit wood of similar color to the predominant color strips on your boat, find the batch that matches it well from under an epoxy coat. You can keep using the mixed "color matched" batch for a week/few days if you just cover with glad wrap and sling it in the fridge. Depends on how many holes you have to fill, I'm trying not to have that many.

Greg
SwiftSolo --Rose

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Harper" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>