RE: Fiberglass - Any last minute advice

To: "'Rob DesMarais, D.C.'" <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Fiberglass - Any last minute advice
From: "Robert Harper" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:59:44 -0600
Disposition-notification-to: "Robert Harper" <robert@iat-cti.com>

I prefer using a squeegee to apply the epoxy and to work the bubbles out. I
had one of those rollers at one time but I still think a squeegee works
best. Get a plastic pot scraper from a kitchen store or a restaurant supply
house. They have a variety of sizes that help. The soft ones with the
rounded edges work best. Make sure you have lots of time to work without
interruptions. Don't rush and work all the bubbles out. This first coat is
easy because the blow-out will go into the wood and staple holes. The other
side will have a lot of bubbles that will come from under the glass. You
will want to check it ever 10 - 15 minutes for the first two hours for
bubbles. Some may need to be poked with a toothpick and the air forced out.

I like to use 12 oz paper cups and only do 8 to 12 pumps at a time.
Depending on how hot it is, you may only have about 15 to 30 minutes when
the mixture is very viscous. Make sure you have the glass wetted all the way
before moving on to a new spot. I like to put it on a little wet then
squeegee to the edges after the glass and wood have taken all they will.
Take your time there is no rushing this part.

Robert S. Harper

Information Access Technology, Inc.

  _____