Cleaning Epoxy

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cleaning Epoxy
From: christopher rudesill <rudie1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
FYI-
Don't know if this will work with the syringes (haven't gotten that far yet),
also don't remember where I learned this but, vinigar is a great solvent for
un-curred epoxy.  I have cleaned my hands, work-table etc of epoxy spills many
times and the vinigar cuts the glue really well.

Chris Rudesill

Geoff Sobering <sobering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bram recommends a hypodermic needle ? is that one from West System or do you
> go to the local drugstore or to the "free needle program" in your town? Can
> they be cleaned or do you just chuck them?

Out here in "the sticks" we can get syringes and needles at most any
farm-supply store. The veterinary size items (16 ga needles and
10-20cc syringes) work better with epoxy than stuff for people.

The WEST syringes are usually reusable if you let the epoxy harden and
then "pop" out the slug left behind. I generally just toss the vet
syringes and needles after one use (encapsulated in a bit of leftover
hardened epoxy, there's almost no "sharps hazard").

Cheers,

Geoff S.
DN US-5156/Laser 145234/Renegade 510/Swift...