Re: If this dose'nt get you ...

To: Greg Ryan <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: If this dose'nt get you ...
From: Robert Harper <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:34:30 -0600
Cc: Dave Lindsey <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
This is the one that should really get you going.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8271783

Greg Ryan wrote:
Just noticed your boats name Dave, How much blood is in the epoxy to make it red? Damn those staples, eh!

Yep, that is a Foiler Moth. Much of the development of these foilers has happened in Australia and the UK. And yep it "flys", Suspended in air over its main hydrofoil, an inverted T shaped foil on its centerboard. There is also a T foil on its rudder to keep the back up. The whole attitude and lift is controlled by body weight position (fore and aft) and a wand mounted on the bow which senses the altitude and adjusts the main foils flaps. You notice how narrow the hull is it becomes a much more stable boat once up on foils. Scuttlebut is that these boats are keeping up with A cats. Its an undestatement to say thats not bad for an 11 ft 8m^2 sail area "monohull" dinghy. I have also seen pictures of an I14 foiling and rumor has it a 49er.
Look out for the first FoilerSwift at Desoto 2007 of course its not a SwiftSolo. :-)

Greg
#9 Rose

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Lindsey" <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>