Re: Toe Rail Channel Suggestions

To: "Rob DesMarais, D.C." <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Toe Rail Channel Suggestions
From: Warren Stevens <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:11:48 -0800
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: warren.stevens@xxxxxxxxx
I just did this step (twice).  First, make sure you route a channel
that's deep enough (duh, that's my twice).

I did as the manual suggested and used plastic around a strip of
cedar.  The first time around, the channel I had routed was a bit
wider than the strip, and as a result the strip curved slightly.  The
second time around, I also wrapped a layer of thin foam around the
strips (the foam was what my strips were shipped in).  This worked
perfectly - the foam took up all the extra space, no gaps, nothing.

When you put in the thin filler into the routed grove, make sure it's
really thin, otherwise you get gaps.  And use plenty of clamps.

Warren