sharing my relativity set up

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: sharing my relativity set up
From: Aikisu@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:03:38 EST

by Ken bradon
As a general note to all builders:  I'm counting on you guys to help keep the
Swift's rigging above anything that might come along by engaging in the
process of constant improvement.  Single handed three sail skiff sailing is our
baby and it has been, and continues to be, a really fun new brain teaser.  I
can
potentially save you a lot of time and expense with a little communication.
The number of ideas I've tired that have failed would blow your mind (and
likely, your confidence in my design capabilities). I've used the approach that
an
"infinite number of chimpanzees at an infinite number of typewriters will
eventually write the Declaration of Independence".  If you have a rigging idea,
you may want to post a general overview on the mailing list so you can benefit
from and avoid the portion of the idea that has already been tried and failed.
Please don't read this to mean that, because a rigging idea has been tried
and failed, it's not worth pursuing.  Rather, use the mailing list to learn
from
the failures and design around them.  With this kind of communication, we can
and will take single handed sailing to yet another new level.

JPEG image

JPEG image