Caution with Longboards

Subject: Caution with Longboards
From: "Felix Schliebitz" <f.schliebitz@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:46:55 +0100
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sorry guys (any gals building a swift yet, by the way?),

It's me again. I forgot one thing about the proper handling of long boards.
Be careful NOT to dig the long edge of the board into your soft cedar.

Trying to sand out those ridges might actually alter the shape of your hull
or you need to use putty . not so pretty.

One reason I like wooden self-made boards. I usually put a slight angle
(1/4" wide) on the edges, which keeps the sharp corner of the sandpaper off
and it helps to ease over those glue bumps.

I just remembered that we also used a 3M soft hand block on the flair of the
hull a lot. I know that thing costs a fortune and you need sticky back
sandpaper for it. I personally think it's worth it. But I recommend you
check it out and make your own decision on this small matter.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/find;a;1;ID;,Abrasives,Longboards.and.B
locks,3M.Hand.Blocks

About me building another swift .

Although Bill Scheumann and myself never met in person, I'm very thankful
for him buying the swift Tom and I weren't able to finish.

Thanks Bill. Right now I still have a Greenland Kayak I need to finish paint
and outfit. I have a house that needs to be torn down and rebuild and I'm
about to apply for a two month course in the Netherlands to become a Butler.
Let me get back to you when I'm done with my Internships.

The reason why I haven't asked you to remove me from this list . oops I
meant followed the link to unsubscribe :o) ..

I'm still very much interested in building a swift. Having met Greg in NJ
last summer and watching everyone else getting excited about their little
epoxy drenched racing machines . fun has never looked so sweet.

Stay warm, have fun and take care.

Felix :o)