Re: varnish recommendations?

To: warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: varnish recommendations?
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:32:23 EDT
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Warren,
I am using the classic Epifanes high-gloss varnish ($24/1000ml from
Jamestown Distributors).  I used the Epifanes 2-part poly paint on the
top-sides with
great results, but it is more trouble than varnish and the vapors  smell
pretty bad (use a respirator).  The wet-sanded finish on the  top-sides has a
mirror finish.  I like the varnish on the deck because the  stuff is softer and
will be less likely to crack when struck with a dense  object.  My deck will
have seven golden coats when finished.  The  choice is yours, so weigh the
pro's
and cons of each.  I think you will be  happy with the boat regardless.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040

JPEG image