Question re backing plates installation

To: Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Question re backing plates installation
From: Steve Nichols <aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:26:51 -0800 (PST)
I've cut some hybrid pieces for the backing plates and I'm about to install
them. I've marked out fitting locations on the top of the deck but I'm finding
it tough to make sure that the backing plates are exactly underneath these
locations. I know I could drill some small holes through from the top of the
deck to show where the location is but I would prefer not to be drilling holes
until I'm actually fixing the fitting in question to the top of the deck.
Does anyone have a method to get the backing plates in the right place without
drilling through the deck?

Cheers

Steve

Check out my Swift Solo build progress on
www.aussieswift.livesaildie.com