ISO problems

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ISO problems
From: Zoltan Csoka <csokafamily@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:27:29 +0100
Dear Classmembers,

I will pick up my stripes next weekend and plan to start the bulkheads
immediately, but before I can do that, I have to order the composite and
the epoxy set. After converting the US measures to ISO, I came up with
few questions, what I hope you can answer.

1. The 9 gallons of epoxy converted to 34 liters, the required 205
hardener to 1.6 liter, the 206 to 1.6 liters and the 207 to 1.3 liters.
Calculating the mixing measures (1:5 for the 205 and 206; 1:3 for the
207) the hardener is enough only for 20 liters of Epoxy. What about the
rest?

2. How strong (oz/square yard or gram/square meter) the carbon tape
should be? (I have 3 choices, 125 g/m2, 200 g/m2, 350 g/m2)

3. The lightest available carbon-kevlar twill is 210 g/m2, but the 5.5
oz converts to 186 g/m2, is the difference too big, or from the weight
point of view it does not matter a lot?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Regards,

Zoltan