Re: Mast Breaks

To: keithcouncell@xxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mast Breaks
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:38:19 EDT
Keith,

What a disappointment that must be.

It looks like the hole was drilled dangerously close to the edge.  I'm  not
sure that any lay-up would have prevented that failure but I do hope that
everyone will check their set-up and make sure that the lay-up includes
hybrid--not just carbon.  This is the second failure of this flat plate  system
that
I've heard of so everyone should take note.

Here is a picture of the way I've been doing this for the last couple of
years (I'm now using this on the primaries where the static load is much
higher).  I've had no failures with this system.

http://www.aol.com.

JPEG image