Re: Which Tools?

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Which Tools?
From: "Greg Ryan" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:12:52 -0400
Hi Phillip,
You will need the bead and cove router bit for 1/4 inch strips. Search Catzooks
archive for the catalog numbers and you will be able to find a description. It
helps to make a fence for your router table that will hold the strips down
exactly in place on the router bit so that the bead and cove are centered on
the edge of the strip. You probably will need a couple of feather boards to
hold the strip.
Look here http://oneoceankayaks.com/Wshophtm/Shop1a.htm

It is important to have an infeed and an outfeed table to catch the strips as
you mill them. I bundled them by the board that the strips were cut from, with
fiberglass reinforced sticky tape, so that I could color match (Book Match)
them later when buildng the boat.

Regards Greg