Main Sheet Cam Cleat Guides

To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Subject: Main Sheet Cam Cleat Guides
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 23:43:40 EDT
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Bram,
I bought two Harken 298 Wire Fairleads (red base) and 1/8" 416 SS rod
(McMaster-Carr 88955K222) to fabricate some guides for the main sheet cam
cleats.
The 416 is easy to bend, so I also bought some 1/8" 17-4 SS rod (McMaster-Carr
9095K312), which is harder, in case the 416 proves too flexible.  The forward
rod is bent up in an arc to allow clearance for the pivot block.  The red
fairlead bases have a L-shaped slot to hold the rod securely under the cam
cleats
and screw holes that match the mounting holes for the Ronstan cleats.  I hope
that this solution inspires anyone looking for a relatively simple fabrication.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040