2007-2008 North American officers

To: "swiftsolo.catzooks.com" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2007-2008 North American officers
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:31:41 -0600
Sorry this is very late getting out. I'd asked that this be placed on the class site for voting and was waiting for confirmation. We need to elect ISSA class officers for the North American region. Since the regional class associations appoint the world governing body from it's members and currently the North American region, unfortunately, is the only one orgainzed, the world body will most likely be chosen from the NA board. If there are others in other countries that would like to be members of the board, then submit your name as a candidate to be concidered for appointment to the world body.

Currently the list of people who have volunteered/ been volunteered for offices are:

Robert Harper for class president
Chris Wickham for class vice president
Warren Stevens for treasurer

Bram would return to being class measurer and head up the technical committee with the current list.

I'm not sure the best way to handle the voting at such a late date but paid classs members can e-mail or "snail mail" me and we'll announce the results at the AGM at Jericho. I'll save the e-mails I'll include the votes I receive in the folder of class business unless there is some other party that you all would trust more. I have no personal agenda other than to support the class and in particular the home builders in making the ISSA one of the best single-handed classes.

I am not a lawyer but I think this meets most of the requirements as the regional reps. are elected from each region and the world board is then selected from the regional reps. At least that is my understanding of the rules. Anyone with a better understanding, I'm positive you are out there, feel free to chime in.

Sorry if I offend anyone, I don't know a better way to get this going and it has to be done.

--
Live large, love lots, and sail fast!
The mark of who you are is determined by what you do when you don't have to do it.