Re: Logo on the sail

To: "Jordan SPENCER" <jordan.afe@xxxxxxxxxxx>, BDally6107@xxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logo on the sail
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 07:16:21 -0700
Technically, yes.

******************************
"4.7.2 The Ensign
To allow for accurate identification of Swift Solos while racing, each Swift Solo must have a distinguishing number and colored design attached to each mainsail it uses. No two Swift Solos shall have the same design. Such a name or ensign design shall measure at least 600mm () in length in any direction. Where, two Swift Solos nominated for a race appear to have ensigns that are similar, the Authority conducting the race may provide a suitable amendment to one of the ensigns."

So far we haven't been too sticky on this one. The biggest benefit is that the ensign is easier to see than the numbers for spectators and it helps them keep track of who's where. As we start to measure boats, this will become more important.