Not able to make it to North Americans

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Not able to make it to North Americans
From: Bill Strosberg <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:56:24 -0400
All:

I had my trip booked to come down and help/learn at the North Americans next month. Wife, son and I had a shore side condo about 20 minutes north of Ft. Desoto.

Got the flights down to $400 return from Ottawa.

Two weeks ago my dog was diagnosed with malignant lymphoma - basically cancer of the lymphatic system or the dog version of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Chances are she's going to be gone within the next few weeks. We've had her (an abuse rescue German Shepherd) for 11 years and it's like losing a kid. My wife and I agreed that Florida would have to wait, as we can't toss her in a kennel and possibly have her die while we're on the beach.

So for Sailwriter, I'm sorry I won't be able to come and work RC with you. I guess I'll have to wait for the ice to break up to get out this spring.

Next year maybe.

Cheers and have a great regatta! Get someone to post results/commentary in Dinghy Anarchy daily.

--
Bill Strosberg