Re: USA-068 For Sale

To: karlsch@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: USA-068 For Sale
From: ryoalty <ryoalty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 18:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Karl,

I'd be happy to crate up and send it.  I'd see no problem in getting it very
secure to ship via commercial ground transportation.   The idea is then to find
a company willing to deal with nut bag sailors for a one off transport deal, at
a reasonable price.

http://www.freightcenter.com/

>From Roadway (the trucking company), $195 from Fort Dix, NJ to Redmond, WA
>from a location with a dock or forklift to a location with a dock or forklift.
>My estimate on the size of the crate is 175"x60"x24" 125 lbs.

Any chance you have a forklift?  The boat on the strong back is moveable, and
can be moved by hand, but with the shipping crate, forget about it.  Also the
strips are 16 foot and likely could be fit in diagonally in the crate.  Details
regarding picking up or dropping off at a depot theoretically can be worked out
by talking to the agent at the 800 number listed.

What do you think?

David