Solo Northeast fleet

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Solo Northeast fleet
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:17:29 -0400
 Hi Swift Solo builders.
 I just wanted to post a message of encouragement to the other Solo builders
 in the US Northeast.
 I think the Wooden boat article was widely read and Bram tells me there are
 around 10 of us sending or having sent checks for plans or already building
 in the US northeast. I have my first hull in progress at the stage of
 assembling sections onto the strongbacks, so a long way to go yet. I spoke
 to Yann (in Brooklyn NY) a while back, he is way ahead of me, his hull is
 taking shape.

 If some of you are at my stage, or just starting, a tool that I am finding
useful is the cheap strait-line laser level (from Home Depot) which works
well to eliminate twist or hog in the sections, as I lock them on the
strongback. It helped me ensure the strongbacks were completely true.

 I would be interested to hear through the server, how others, especially in
the NE, are progressing on the construction. If you have any tips I'd be
grateful for the info.

 Ciao
Greg Ryan
Swift solo - Rose