Laser straight ine reference

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Laser straight ine reference
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:16:46 -0400
Strait-Line from Home depot. It looks just like a retractable tape measure. Has
2 leveling bubbles (I dont like) and 2 push pins that come out from the base.
These allow it to stay set on drywall.  It projects a vertical plane of red
laser light parallel to the base. Turn it on by lifting the yellow port. Here
is a picture. I hope we can post pictures! Price is 39.99 at the Borg.  My one
wish for this is that it have a a splitter for a 90 degree reference beam. Fot
that you woud need to buy the $~80 version which is not yet on the Borg web
site. This more expensive unit (still cheaper than the self leveling kinds) has
a cradle base, adjustable feet and magnets in the base. It somes with several
beam splitters 90 degree beams and the ability to rotate the spread line plane.
It was a tossup for me but as we are all probably buying lots of stuff now I
consifdered it likely that my CFO might divorce me.
I think we should all buy shared in the borg to at least get some dividends
back.
Greg
Measure twice... duh... cut twice anyway.

      Accuracy:  30 ft.

      Case Material:  ABS Impact Resistant Case

      Color/Finish:  Yellow / Black

      Contents:  1 laser level

      Manufacturer:  Irwin Industrial Tools

      Brand:  Irwin

      Model #:  64001

      UPC CODE:  024721640017

      Internet ID:  163034

>I have a question about the laser level -- how much did you pay for
>this?  I looked in Home Depot/Lowe's and found laser levels for about
>$100... Is this what you're referring to?  Or is there a cheaper
>option?
>
>Thanks
>Warren

JPEG image