Dimension problem on strongback plan

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dimension problem on strongback plan
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:27:07 EDT
I received a call from Eldon Harvey this afternoon that pointed out a couple
of errors on the strongback dimensioning.  Because of the direction of the
error I suspect that everyone to date has figured it out and simply ignored it.

I would ask that each of you take the time to call or email me anytime you
find something that could be confusing to anyone.

On the strongback plan there are a couple of issues.  The first one is that
the dimension that shows the 12" generic face to face dimensioning should have
been placed anywhere but where it is.  The station 9 to 10 space is the only
one where that is not true (it is where the station move to the other side of
the line because it is the fattest point in the boat--read the manual for
details) except for station 1/2.

The second problem is that my auto dimensioner somehow changed the dimensions
that I had placed manually and shows some weird numbers that I did not pick
up on.  The 48 1/16" should be 48", the 82 3/4 sb 83, and the overall sb 155.
Fortunately, your spacers will have forced you into the right dimension, but
still, this only creates a lot of unnecessary confusion.  Sorry guys!