cedar strips and other stuff

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: cedar strips and other stuff
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 18:52:01 EDT
We've just negotiated a deal with Seane Reid of  Raven Community Products for
high quality cedar strips for $.28 per lineal foot that can be shipped
anywhere in the world www.ravencommunity.com/canoekayakstrip2.htm  .  This
price is
for full boat quantities and full length strips (16 footers).  You need to
give Sheane good lead time on strip orders so order early.

We've been expecting to hear from John Sweet with our package prices for
glass and resin but have not.  I'll call him Monday to find out what is
happening.

The new mast from Forte with be here early next week and I will be testing
it, a new spinnaker, and the new mainsail in a regatta next weekend.  I've been
invited to race with the I-14s which are only slightly slower than 49ers now.

The new main is amazing looking under power and should be very fast.  The new
mast will be around 18.5 lbs (8.5 kg) fully rigged which is about 7.5 lbs
lighter than the 49er mast I'm using.  When combined with the new mainsail it
will make the boat very slow to turtle and much easier to right.  The bend
characteristics will be nearly the same as the 49er mast in the lower part and
a bit
softer in the tip.  It will have considerably less windage (drag).
Naturally, it will have a significant positive effect on pitching moment.

It's good to work with so many people who are starting construction.  Don't
hesitate to call or email questions.

A recent question came in about the offset for the vang pedestal.  The
question was "why is it offset from the center"?  The answer is to keep the
vang
line from interfering with the centerboard.

Wear those dust masks and keep moving forward.