Re: building fairing boards?

To: rdea6314@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Ron Deane"), warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: building fairing boards?
From: Gwvt2@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:05:04 -0500
Cc: phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everyone and happy new year!

On the subject of boards.  I know of an option that may interest quite a few of
you.  There is a company in Ottawa Canada area called Phil's Foils that
specializes in custom CAD designed centerboards and rudders which are then CNC
milled out of a custom laminated blank of your material choice.  Phil offeres
design consulting, custom milling, and is willing to offer the blades at just
about any level of finish.  So you can figure something out that best suits
your price level and finishing abilities.  The important thing is that you get
the shape almost perfect....much better than you ever would be hand.

Ok Ok I'm not trying to sell you on Phils...I have absolutley no affliation
with the company except Phil is a good friend of mine and my personal experice
has been great with his company.  The east coast 5o5 guys love his stuff too
since he has developed affordable high-aspect blades for them.  Check out his
websight at www.philsfoils.com

Well guys I hope to see y'all soon...I sold my 49er but the swift might be the
perfect replacement for me!!!

Cheers
Gary Van Tassel
Int Fireball USA 14626
Hampton One Design 699
Int 49er USA 295 (well untill a month ago anyway :-( )