Re: Luancher throats

To: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Luancher throats
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:21:28 -0500
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Working out a price for skinned throats as we speak. You will have to glass
onto, and fair them into your gunwales as each boat will vary slightly, tap
your jib block anchoring placements as Bram describes, optionally, you can
complete a thin  filler coat or gelcoat (maybe colored) on the surface to
prevent any possible weave print-through and finally you can polyester coat
them when you varnish the boat to protect the epoxy from UV of you dont use
gelcoat. They will be vac bagged epoxy carbon/carbon/Kevlar hybrid (biased)
with a protective cover of a fine tight weave E-glass.  Each throat will have
an integral land for the correct angled placement of the jib cheek blocks. They
will be light and very strong and durable. I Will keep the price just above my
cost. I Will also donate any/all profit to the non-profit NYC Skiff League to
promote the sport of skiff sailing in the NE.

If you prefer to complete the bending and skinning yourself please let me know
how many blanks you will need and when you need them.
Precisely cut (CNC) Blanks, unskinned with matching upper and lower saddle will
be $15. Lead time will be around 7 business days or less.
I'll get back to you about the cost of the finished items later this week.
Greg
Swift Solo -- Rose