Incorporation Help Please

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Incorporation Help Please
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:02:57 -0400
Hi to all Swifties,  (Swifters in the US, I guess).
I have completed a lot (most) of paperwork for the incorporation of the
International Swift Solo Association (ISSA) as a nonprofit in Washington State.
 We would also like to apply for tax-exempt status under §501(c)(7) of the
federal tax code and state tax exemption. There are useful advantages (and
responsibilities) stemming from our status as a §501(c)(7) organization,
ranging from lower postal rates to possible tax benefits to members. One of the
responsibilities is increased documentation and establishment of Bylaws, and
Articles of Incorporation. I would like to get someone(s) with some spare
"lunchtime minutes" to help me write the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
The Bylaws would evolve out of part A of the Class rules and importantly cover
class governance, the executive structure and could include Rules and Regatta
operational guidelines. The articles would define the purpose of the
Association, its members and executives and restrict all activities to conform
to the requirements of IRS §501(c)(7) and its interpretations. We could find,
already posted on the web, modify or plagiarize any number of Articles and
Bylaws documents from comparable Sailing or Sporting Associations/Clubs.
Let me know if you are interested in being involved and up to helping produce
versions of these documents that we could edit for submission.
Greg Ryan
Swift Solo -- Rose