Re: A big list of changes and other stuff

To: warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A big list of changes and other stuff
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:22:26 EDT
Cc: rowr@xxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Warren,

We really appreciate your volunteering to compile the list of changes.

As we continue to get input and improve the methods and manuals, the
management of information becomes more important. The early builders have done
a lot
to help clarify the process by asking the right questions.

It's a lot of work to continually update and manage the answers to questions
since improved information is ongoing.  It will help if we can keep dates on
the information.

Thanks again Warren and all of the others (Pat, Greg, Roger--to name a few)
that are continually helping the class.

We've pretty much run the USA out of 49er parts and VMG continues to step up
to the plate to build higher quality parts to replace them (often for the same
price).  The Forte masts, booms, and spinnaker poles are all first class and
have enough testing time now to know that they'll take a lot of abuse (not a
single failure to date--we've intentionally abused them to the extreme).  We
should have some answers on sails (final pricing) very soon as well.  Spinnaker
socks and boats covers remain an issue but we'll build here if we have to
satisfy the early demand or we can send you the plans to take to your local
cover
maker (I do fear the endless questions the this option will generate).
Remember, the boat covers for a Swift are substantially move complex than most
and
the price will be higher either way.

Thanks again,