vmg parts

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: vmg parts
From: pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:02:45 -0400
Greetings one and all,

We've been making parts and jigs to make parts and molds to make parts and we
are about to have a lot of parts.

We are adding a new mast head fitting to our line in the very near future(the
first prototype is in the mill as you read). We were having problems getting
mast head fittings from Vanguard and after some discussion with Bram have
designed a new and better one. The old one was sand cast aluminum and was not
anodized. The design also didn't keep the alignment of the spinnaker halyard
from causing friction when the sail filled before the kite was all the way up.
We've incorporated a Ronstan 30mm pivot base block into the mast head instead
of a swivel block which should eliminate the problem of halyard friction. We
mount that to an anodized solid billet piece of 6061 aluminum. This will be
much stronger, corrosion resistant and functionally efficient. You will be able
to buy the mast head alone and add your own block or purchase the assembly.

We are making a new aluminum mast step, again anodized 6061 aluminum, that is
1.5" longer aft than the 49er step for better cunningham angle.

We are making a new detachable spreader bracket assembly that will greatly
improve the ability to ship the masts and easily replace broken spreaders.

We are finishing the testing of our new carbon/glass tiller/rudderbox. These
are designed to be very durable but also not so durable that you damage your
boat when you fall on the tiller(better to replace a tiller than a transom).
These will be half the weight of the newest Vanguard rudder/tiller and you
won't need to cut the tiller to get the proper angle.

These are all in addition to our mainsheet cleat platforms, fully rigged masts
and booms, vang components, CNC cut station molds and Pro-Set epoxy.

We've been working very hard to support the Swift Solo homebuilding community
in addition to producing our own boats. If you have friends that are geeked
about the Swift Solo and don't have time to build one or you want to speed your
own building process(and save your carbide blades and bits from instant dull)
then have them or you give us a call or check out our web site.

www.vmgskiffs.com

Pat Owen
VMGskiffs
877-864-2628