Forestay Fitting

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Forestay Fitting
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:51:46 -0400
Those at the same stage as me might be interested in a new Bow forestay fitting
that Bram and I designed. It is totally carbon with directional fibres and an
s-glass skin. Sorry this picture is a bit grainy but I guess you can see the
6061T6 hard anodized pin has not been trimmed for length yet. Rather than the
shackle I may put a titanium ring. In any case the pin can be knocked out. It
contains two  integral "sheavless blocks" for the jib downhaul that rely on a
very smooth bore and the natural lubrication of dynema (lightening rope). The
entrance holes are on the side and the path is circular and exits the rear (you
can just see the two holes)  under the spinn sock. It is lighter and stronger
than the 49er fitting, but a little more expensive. I have made 10 only  I wont
be making any more. They are $100. Let me know if you want one.
Greg

JPEG image