location..location..location. Tiller questions

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: location..location..location. Tiller questions
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:01:31 -0400
Bram as a follow up to Christians where is it, and to give Warren something
else to put in the essential knowledge list. Here are 3 questions I have
been asked by people who have purchased the tapered foam tiller blanks.

What is the optimum distance of the tiller extension attachment point
forward of the rudder pintle?
(far enough forward so that when you fall on it it doesnt dissapear :-)

What is the optimum height of the tiller extension attachments above the
deck amidships. (sets angle of tiller in order to set angle of extensions)

Are you happy with and advocating using your neat tiller extension sweep
back preventers which would require the tiller to protrude how far from the
extension attachment point?

Forgive me if this is in your instructions, I missed it.
Greg
Swift Solo --Rose
USA009