"SOLOCOCOLOCO"

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: "SOLOCOCOLOCO"
From: "Joe Rome" <romeisle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:07:23 -0400
 Hey Guys, Yes, I am really proud of the way my boat is turning out. I
really thank all of you for all your questions and answers ,  which many
times have answered my own questions, fears and insecurities, its a great
project and I am almost swiming, I mean sailing. my wife is buying a
waverunner so she can retrieve me, and a big insurance  policy  in case I
don't come back from one of those reaches that Bram is always talking about.
Greg asked about my deck layout , yes it is a lot easier this way,  you can
make flat sheets of strips and fair them before cutting them , I used small
brass brads to hold in place instead of staples, then I turned  the deck
over and clipped them and sanded it before the Hybrid. yes I have drain
holes for the mast step as per plan is just hard to tell from the pics and
yes my transom is HOT.
  Christian asked about my Hybrid Carbon/kevlar I bought it from carb.com
and it came in black and blue, it just looks like all carbon on the pics,
and I reinforced with carbon tape as per plans.
    My boat as all of the boats that are being built are beautyfull, and
probably very fast, but you all don't have anything to fear from me, I am 55
years young, and have never sailed a skiff , with the exception of one
summer many moons ago I raced a Flying Scot, and that is a slow boat to
china. so I will be in the rear of the pack trying to learn from you .  I am
rambling because its raining and miserable outside and I have not received
my parts package yet so I have nothing better to do.
    Keep the sawdust flying , and take care of your fingers, as Bram said
before, You'll need them. See you all soon . Pepe "SOLOCOCOLOCO''   USA55