Re: "SOLOCOCOLOCO"

To: "Rob DesMarais, D.C." <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "SOLOCOCOLOCO"
From: "Joe Rome" <romeisle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:26:54 -0400
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hey Rob, That was a challenge, I would never pay $2000 for those strips, I
thought that was a rip, and in the Fl Keys there is no other alternative ,
so I asked Bram if I could build it out of sitka, or juniper or Cypress, and
his answer was NO, that  it was agaisnt the rules and that kind of tick me
off. But he has his reasons and I agree with him after I read the Gudgeon
bros  book. so I turned to the mother of supply houses , Home Depot. It
turns outthat HD has 1x4X12'wrc at very reasonable prices , just takes a bit
of work , you have to go thru the piles to find clear pieces, their WRC
comes rough on one side so I planed it to 3/4 and then I stripped to 1/4 and
did notspend more than $400 for the wholelot except that I had to splice
them since they only carry 8' and 12' but if you pick your pieces you can't
tell the difference.    good luck on your project, and let me know if I can
be of any more help, see you soon . Pepe