Re: Our first meet

To: romeisle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Our first meet
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:49:39 EDT

Joe,

Thanks for the information--I like your idea.  We certainly do  need to get
some wind statistics for the various locations.  Fort Desoto is  another
location that has been proposed along with Stuart.  We should be  able to get
historical wind info on each of them.

Generally, we've (the 49er class) had pretty good luck in all of the  Florida
locations during the winter on both coasts with a variety of conditions
during the same regattas.  Typically we've sailed in Miami, Tampa Bay, or
Stuart
(I spent the entire month of February sailing in Stuart a  few years back).
Miami, for reasons not directly related to sailing, is  the only place that I
personally have no interest in putting on a regatta.

We will need to make this decision within a month or so in order to tie  down
campsites and get a race committee together.  Anyone else that is  familiar
with Florida that has any suggestion should get them in to us  soon.