Re: Our first meet

To: Joe Rome <romeisle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Our first meet
From: Christian Rasmussen <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:52:37 -0400
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I like the Keys. Its one of those place that one should visit at least once in
their life time. The water is the clearest between here and the Mediterranean.
If not clearer. Its like in the adds you wife or girl freind shows you for a
cruise vacation...

I am sure the inside (West of the keys) is pretty sheltered, so it should be a
good place to have a race. Besides having a local man on the ground. (Thats you
Joe) is a big win  and can help make it a great time; is a big plus.

Key West  is as closer to Cuba that anyone of us, with a US passport will
get..... I guess Greg gets to go without getting in trouble.. :^  Bring back
some cigars.... They have great restaurants and tourist "time wasters" for
family and kids while we race.

It does get Hot and sticky in Florida, so I would suggest that the regatta be
no later than middle of March. Otherwise people should expect to stay in motels
if they want to keep it civilized for their kids and significant others.

And yes Joe. That mast is high. Bram, are you sure the swift don't need
additional wings.?? I spoke to Greg earlier today about running halyards, and
he suggested getting on the roof of my house, but I dont have a 3 (three) story
house.?? I need an addition... Why is that not in the manual... :)

Christian/USA015