on cutting the centerboard hole

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: on cutting the centerboard hole
From: Warren Stevens <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:56:40 -0800
Sender: Warren Stevens <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I was talking with Bram last night about methods of cutting the c/b
hole in the hull, and he suggested a great idea.  Use a router with a
template bit (i.e. straight edged flutes with a bearing at the bottom
of the bit), and rout out the hole.  Because the hull is sloped you
have to be sure to hold the router straight (some kind of jig,
probably).

This strikes me as a lot easier than rasp & sandpaper... although the
downside is that you can do a *lot* more damage much faster. ;-)

Warren

--
warren stevens - catzooks.com