Re: Vancouver boat show

To: rowr@xxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Vancouver boat show
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:05:58 EST
If you look carefully at the picture you can see some upgrades and
accessories that Roger was recommending to potential buyers.  In  addition to
the
series of self tailing winches (it is a single hander) and  the wheel in the
foreground, you can see the Mercury 275 HP outboard  auxiliary in the
background for
those days when the wind is a bit  light.

Roger,

I was glad to be able to help.  I do think you'll get a couple of new  Swift
Solo's out of the show.  The offer by the Jerhico Sailing Center  to host a
regatta for us will likely bring publicity and others to our  class as well
(six
or seven Swifts on the starting line of a local regatta  won't be bad for a
class that's brand new).  It was very good of Rekord  Marine (Ronstan Canada)
to ask us to join them in their booth.  We are  growing quickly and with
continued help from you and our other members,  we may well become the dominate
skiff class in North America by  the end of next summer.  The hydromat test
results from  Gougeon will be done for Florida and should be very helpful in
educating the sailing world about the competitive life expectancy  of foam and
Nomex
verses cedar core.  We'll need to get this  information in as many sailing
publications as possible--if it's as good as  we think it will be.

Thanks for your effort Roger and everyone else who has been so willing  to
pitch in.