Strongback and Gunwale Dimensions

To: <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Doug" <d.kirchmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Strongback and Gunwale Dimensions
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:34:05 -0500
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Back from Florida, what a great regatta! What a great venue! Doug we didn't see any Lions Tigers or Bears and we had no insects at all because it was cold at night. There were however Super Fearless Raccoons. They chewed through polystyrene coolers that were concealed inside garbage bags to get to two turkeys. They also like peanut oil and tried to chew through a polypropylene container to get to 20 litres of turkey frying oil. These bandits made off with our dinner on more than one occasion but helped us clean up any food left on the tables after the sponsored dinners. I believe they are still licking the spot under where we fried the turkeys .

One thing I will add to the discussion about the rails and Gunwales. "Its very hard to climb up on a boat with no gunwales!!!!!! Make them as deep as allowed. Rails and center rail are important. I did a lot of trappin off the rails and used the center rail quite a bit in emergencies climbing up the mountain. So dont make them smaller than suggested by Warren. If you are looking for convenience Roger has foam cores for the Center rail and also for the side rails if you want to give that a try.
Greg

----- Original Message ----- From: "Warren Stevens" <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>