Florida--I'm home

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Florida--I'm home
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:08:37 EST
Pulled in a couple of hours ago, sick as a dog, tired and glad to be home
(yeah, I can hear the violins).  The trip down was as easy as the trip back
was
difficult.  Allan hurt his back loading that frickin DUX and ended  up in the
hospital and on a plane home.  The weather on the way back was  awful and the
poor suburban ended up pulling an additional thousand pounds or so  of ice
for nearly 1500 mile against a very high headwind.

What a great adventure it was to finally meet and sail with all of  you.
I'll write about the regatta tomorrow when I'm a bit more  coherent but I just
wanted to thank everyone.  Who'd have thought that we'd  get that kind of
representation at a midwinter's so far from nearly everyone's  home?  The
pleasure
of working with your "can do" attitudes and  willingness to help left me with a
sense that our foundation is more  solid than any class that I've been
involved with.  Thanks again and I  look forward to seeing your pictures and
your
comments on the  regatta.  Tomorrow I will be better!!!