Fwd: ...Vancouver event,,,,,,,,sailing anarchy........

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: ...Vancouver event,,,,,,,,sailing anarchy........
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:30:45 EST
This is an email that was forwarded from a 49er sailor friend in  Canada. As
you can see, the guys who know the most about the Swift Solo are  the ones
who've never seen one.  By the way, be nice to the IC guys as most  of them are
our friends and great people.  They have been on very good  track for some
time.  FYI, the all up weight of an IC is about 12 lbs  lighter than a Swift
but
it has 10 meters of sail area instead of 36  meters like the Swift.  I think
the "heavy" argument came when some  Bozo claimed that the Swift weighs over
400
lbs The best argument is always  to point out that a guy named Julian who
might know a little about this subject  has sailed the boat in 15 knots of
breeze
and posted a review of the boat  on our website (don't tell them where--make
them search).

Bram