Sail Training book

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sail Training book
From: "Steven Harrington" <a_ski_racer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:29:06 -0500
Bcc:

Hi All:

I mentioned the following book in Florida and Bram asked me

to post the details for the group.

Title: Race Training - coach yourself to success

Authors: Rick White and Mary Wells

Publisher: Fernhurst books

ISBN: 1-898660-22-0

Although the title says race training it is good for any level

of sailor. I have used some of the drills with beginners with

outstanding success.

I assume you all also have "High Performance Sailing"

by Frank Bethwaite.

For a detailed introduction to wind and weather I recommend

"Wind and Sailing Boats" by Alan Watts. You will have to find

this as a used book but it seemed readily available when I had

to replace my missing copy. I would recommend reading this

before going into the weather details in Frank Bethwaites book.

Steve